Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Day #13 - Sunrise and travel

One of the worst things about traveling by plane, for me, is that I almost always have to get up at some ridiculous "cow milking hour" and be at the airport before the sun breaks above the hills. In summer, the sun's up by 5:30am, so this gives you an idea of how early I mean. I am a night owl through and through - the only way I'm up for a sunrise is if I've been up all through the night...or if I'm catching an early flight. Sigh.
On the other hand, Tucson sunrises can be almost more impressive than the sunsets, so assuming I'm awake enough to appreciate natural beauty, it can be quite cool to be up in time to catch a sunrise. This one was taken at the Tucson airport in June, 2003. It was a quick snap on the way to the security gates -no time to frame it or focus on composition - but I'm quite happy with how it turned out. The reflected floating overhead lights are a funky touch.

Sunrise

My flight Friday leaves around 6:45am - hoping for a gorgeous sunrise and a hot breakfast to make it a little more bearable.

No comments: